Sunday, May 2, 2010

Long over due update

After my enthusiastic first post on my new blog which I started with the intention to update every week, I haven’t had the time to get back to it ever since.

The last week of April (26th to 30th) has been particularly bad. I had five submissions over five days, and I barely had time to finish them. I don’t understand how everything accumulates to the very last minute. No matter how hard I try I only manage to finish them the night before the deadline. I’ve got to learn to better manage my time.

I played Company of Heroes in the meanwhile. Must say I like this game. RTS games are something I have not played a lot. Apart from occasional Age of Empires 2 LAN matches back in 2004, and Lord of the Rings Battle For Middle Earth which I played recently, I am fairly new to the genre.

I am really impressed with the graphics and physics in this game. Not surprisingly, I discovered that this game uses Havoc physics engine. I’ve made a few gameplay videos, which I will upload soon. Just haven’t had the time to do that.

I am one of those people who is not tired of World War II games. I am in fact fresh off the heels of Brother’s in Arms: Hell’s Highway and I intend to play Commandos 3 right after Company of Heroes. Obviously I have not had enough.

I’ve also purchased a few games on Steam for dirt cheap. I bought Grand Theft Auto 4 and the better half gifted me Max Payne. Apparently she bought it for 19kr, which she tells me is nothing, and I agree. The last time I was in Norway, a hot dog cost 35kr.

Also, after two months of procrastinating, I finished my review of BioShock. I am not sure why but I get really tired whenever I begin to start a review. I type no more than three sentences before I close the window and don’t look at it for another week.

Speaking of closing the window, I better close this window and get back to work. Finals week starts tomorrow and if I stop myself from getting totally impatient for just one more week, I can at least look forward to getting decent grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment