Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Games To Look Forward To

I was disappointed that there was no update on Doom 4 at 2010 Quake Con and Rage was pushed to September 2011! That was a double dose of disappointment for me. I was hoping I would be able to play Rage this year along with Crysis 2.

Well, as things would turn out, Crysis 2 is pushed all the way to March 2011. I am not sure what I have to look forward to this year. There is the new Medal of Honor and Call of Duty: Black Ops. I am interested in seeing how they are going to perform, but I had absolutely no intention of playing them until they are available for under $10.

Now, I am just wanted to list all the games I looking forward to in the new year or two:

  1. Crysis 2 – Its a sequel to Crysis. What can I say?
  2. Doom 4 – Hoping that there won’t be any spiders in this one!
  3. Diablo 3 – Played both Diablo games, loved the first one, found the second game a little too hard, hopefully third will be better for me.
  4. Max Payne 3 – One of my favorite games.
  5. Brink – From the makers of Enemy Territory Quake Wars…should be interesting.
  6. Deus Ex 3 – Last chance for Deus Ex to redeem itself on the PC. With a new cover mechanic, however, this game is threatening to take the Invisible War route.
  7. Far Cry 3 – Far Cry 2 was a disappointment, let’s hope they learn their lesson.
  8. Fallout: New Vegas – Loved Fallout 3. Yet to play the DLCs. I probably will play this before I play those.
  9. Rage – New engine, new IP…
  10. Duke Nukem Forever – I never played the original Duke, but I love the theme by Megadeth
  11. Portal 2 – Sequel to one of the best games ever…
  12. BioShock Infinite – This is looking amazing. I am very eager to know more about this game.
  13. Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – I want to play the other two games. I probably will play the first game, but I am not buying the second (DRM issue).
  14. Because 13 is such an unholy number, my last item on the list is Half-Life 2 Episode 3. I am going to hope it will be announced next year.

Yes, there is Duke Nukem Forever on the list there. Turns out Gearbox (makers of Brother’s in Arms) are working on the game and will release it in 2011. I just realized this game was first announced before Google was formed.

I will look to revise my list as new games are announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment